Little Free Libraries
If you have a Little Free Library in your yard, send us a picture and we will add it out our Pin Board.
Somerset is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located at the southern edge of the city, north of the Spruce Meadows Trail and east from the community of Bridlewood and west from Macleod Trail. The Spruce Meadows equestrian facility is located immediately south-west.
Somerset is a relatively new neighbourhood, being established in 1995. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 13 Councillor.
The community is served by the Somerset-Bridlewood station of the C-Train LRT system
Our community association strives to:
* Give residents a voice – listen to ideas and find creative ways to support those ideas
* Create a feeling of shared values and common interests
* Act as a resource and the first stop for quality information
* Offer programs and services based on resident needs and interests
* Create a sense of community celebration, pride and identity
* Find ways to recognize residents and volunteers who make a difference
* Find ways to create an inclusive environment
* Make communication job one!
* Look to community resources, the City and others for collaborations and partnerships
* Host events that are inclusive
* Find ways to engage people in community planning – promoting a voice in municipal decisions
* Instill a renewed sense of community
* Partnership with local businesses
* Promote the notion of safe communities through citizen engagement
Water Park, Volleyball, Tennis – operated by the Resident’s Association
Cardel Rec Center
Shannon Park & Pathways
Fish Creek Provincial Park
Somerset Bridlewood Community Association Newsletter, Businesses & more…..click here The communities of Somerset and Bridlewood are located in the southwest corner of Calgary. Development in the area commenced in the 1990s. These communities were designed to have plenty of open space for use as school sites, community recreation areas and linear parks. A number of pathways also weave through the area. The east side of the community of Bridlewood is a natural wetland, the Bridlewood Creek Wetland, which features almost two dozen types of birds and an abundance of flora and fauna. Nearby Shawnessey center provides shopping opportunities for residents. Transportation routes include Marquis of Lorne Trail and Macleod Trail.
Residential Services Safe, eco-friendly, carpet cleaning services insure the best possible cleaning results for Rugs, Carpet and Upholstery. Green Ingenuity guarantees your satisfaction with our home-safe carpet cleaning methods that help preserve a healthy indoor environment, extend the life of your carpet and help reduce staining to maintain optimum appearance. You can also bring your rugs to our shop/plant for cleaning and receive 20% savings. Commercial Services Green Ingenuity’s Commercial Services provide annual, quarterly and monthly carpet maintenance programs to promote the longevity of carpets in commercial spaces and apartment condominium complexes. Our services includes carpet cleaning schedules, periodic traffic lane cleaning, and spot treatment/cleaning inspections. Green Ingenuity has a mat services program. We offer one of the best mat products on the market that stops, holds and traps dust and moisture from being tracked into your building. These mats are aesthetically pleasing so they compliment your building’s interior. A mat cleaning program can be included in the building’s carpet maintenance program we set up for your building. Visit Green Ingenuity’s website for more information on our matting products. Blog contributor.